Friday, August 19, 2011

My 7th Grader!

Who knew many years ago when I first started dreaming of this girl that I would blink and she would be starting 7th grade, almost as tall as me with feet the same size as mine? Everything she does is done with a whole-hearted effort and she never tires of making that effort. The one vocabulary word that she has never learned is "bored". She dreams up new games, novels, and ideas in her sleep. She enjoys unusual food, is addicted to Harry Potter, still unabashedly loves her parents and wants us to walk her into middle school, is wild about theater, and has a general, almost touchable love for life! All doors are open for this kid right now -- which ones will she choose to enter and how lucky am I to get to support her in all of her choices? I so love this daughter of mine!

No comments: