Wednesday, August 17, 2011

7th Grade, 4th Grade, and Kindergarten, Oh My!



On Tuesday, Mason started 7th grade and Hannah started 4th. Dylan went to school just for a hour with me to get a feel for his Kindergarten classroom. Both girls had great days! Above is the picture from that day. Below are pictures from today when Dylan had his first full day of Kindergarten. Thankfully, I was very busy today so I could not focus on how alone my days could become. I have had a child tagging along with me for twelve and a half years and I have become very attached to it! I knew that saying goodbye to Dylan today would be hard. It does not help that the ritual here is to read "The Kissing Hand" with the parents and kids, then say goodbye after everyone kisses their child's hand and eats a chocolate kiss. I had to mentally disconnect from listening to the story to avoid dissolving into a puddle of tears. After saying goodbye to a cheerful big boy, I went to a Boo Hoo breakfast with friends, then did lunch duty
at Mason's school. He was full of smiles at the end of the day which does help ease this Mommy's heartache a little. P.S. He is in class with his best buddy, Dylan!





































No comments: