Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Kindergartener!

What can I say about this one? He is a little heart melter, that is for sure! Tomorrow marks his first week of kindergarten under his belt and really, he has been so cheerful about the whole process of starting this new life that I am beginning to exhale. Mason's start of Kindergarten 7 years ago was so traumatic that I am forever scarred and nervous when I take a kid of mine to school for the first time. This guy, though, jumped right in as though he has been going his whole life! How strange it is to spend my days without him. After thinking how easy it will be to run errands on my own, I found myself getting teary in Trader Joe's when I realized that I was one of those moms with no kid in her cart for the first time! I miss him and his wonderful conversations terribly but this is part of life and I will adjust. He certainly has! And let me tell you: he is such a true little GUY about school-- his favorite parts are recess and PE. My girls have NEVER said that. In fact, quite the opposite! He was also quite impressed with the overhead projector, but not that he was learning how to write the letter "a" on said projector. He likes to draw at school as well, but we could have guessed that, huh? Do you want to know my favorite part? It is when that sweet little bundle of boy comes down the hall to meet me after school with a huge smile on his face and lots of loving for Mama (and sometimes a pocket full of rocks collected from the playground)!

No comments: