Monday, August 22, 2011

My 4th Grader!


This sweet thing is also growing alarmingly fast! Where does the time go? It really makes me appreciate being a stay-at-home parent. At least as the time simply evaporates, I know that I have been there for all of it and participated in the days with these people I love so much! This girl is truly something special with a sweetness that goes to her core. She is, in essence, a caretaker of all those around her. Witness the fact that on the first day of school when she saw that there was a very real possibility that her Mommy might lose it, she patted me and said, "It's okay, Mommy, really! I like my teacher and I have my best friend in class so you don't need to cry!" She also loves to take little kids under her wing. She loves to shadow me and chat and would follow me to the ends of the earth. I guess that is the little girl in her and I am in no hurry to see it end.


No comments: