Friday, August 08, 2014

7th Grade Registration

Yesterday was Hannah's registration at middle school and all I can say is that I am mentally exhausted from two days of difficult registrations.  We are still waiting to hear about Mason's schedule and we thought Hannah's would be simple.  It usually is in middle school, but when she got her schedule, not only did she have NO classes with a single friend but she was also one of those rare kids who had lunch with another grade.  Because she is in Advanced Orchestra and it is 4th period, she would go to 8th grade lunch.  She didn't show it but I know this sweet girl and the panic was taking hold.  After much thought, we decided to put her in Intermediate Orchestra and keep her with her age group at lunch.  My little HQ is a very quiet kid (not always so at home, though) and starting all over with friends in an older age group who she would have no other classes with was not the right move in considering the whole child.  Now we are waiting for her new schedule and hopefully when she gets it, she will be in some classes with friends, too. I have to say how much I appreciate my level-headed, calm husband in these situations.  I called him when I was about to lose it during the whole process and he is so good at making it not a big deal and simply choosing what would be best for our children. :)





No comments: