Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Home Town!


We just returned from a trip to Louisiana to visit my home town and my large extended family! It took us three days to drive there, and three days back and I have to admit that the kids did GREAT and we will definitely do it again! It has been five years since I have been and it was such a wonderful feeling to be in the place I lived for the first 16 years of my life! We even got to experience one of those amazing southern thunderstorms IN OUR CAMPER!!! (Poor Andy had to pack the camper and fold it down in the pouring rain...) I took an unprecedented number of pictures and a lot of sorting is required, but today I will post a picture that warms my heart, my own three children in front of the house that was ours from the time I was born until we moved when I was 16. The yard is very different, but the house, a beautiful southern house on the National Register of Historic Places, is still very much the same.

1 comment:

amy said...

wow, what a house! what a trip! i'd love to hear what brought you from Louisiana to NM! i'm happy that your trip went well! blessings galore, eh?