Thursday, May 03, 2018

2018 National Piano Guild Audition!

I say it each year and I'll say it again. I am so incredibly proud of this boy! As I have mentioned, sixth grade has been a busy year with loads of homework and projects that took countless hours of Dylan's time. Many times, I said that we need to let go of the plan for him to audition for the National Piano Guild for his fourth year. Fitting in the time it takes to prepare for the audition did not seem manageable, but whenever I mentioned taking a step back, Dylan would say, "You don't have faith in me. I will be ready to audition for Guild". He was right! He memorized nine songs and each song's scales and cadences, and practiced ear training and ultimately passed his audition with "Superior Plus" ratings. The most exciting part was that he got many C's (Commendable marks) for his most challenging song that he has worked on for a year, Bach's Prelude in C Minor. The C's were for fluency, maturity in memory, contrast in dynamics, clearness of voices, and convincing ending. Way to go, Dylan!
(The last picture is of him opening an early birthday present after his audition.)







No comments: