Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Little Math Olympiad!

We had the North Star Math Olympiad awards ceremony today.  What can I say about this girl?  She amazes me!  Hannah worked so hard all year that she won the gold medal and also placed in different competitions.  When I was teaching, one of my favorite parts was to watch how different children solved the same problem.  Hannah has such a mind for math and finds her way around tricky problems with ease.  When she explains how she got her answer, though, I can rarely follow. It is almost always a different path than I would have taken!  I was so proud to see her up on stage solving a problem and receiving awards.  Below are pictures with her teacher, her principal and her friend.  Never mind her expressions with her buddy.  Let's just say that she had mixed emotions about the whole program on certain days... 







No comments: