Friday, October 07, 2011

Meet Oso!

When we went to the animal shelter last Saturday, I told the kids that the last thing we need is another dog. I mean, come on, most of you know Boudreaux, don't you? That is a somewhat high maintenance guy. Not only that, but I am not a small dog person. I need a dog who can keep up with me on 4 mile walks or runs every morning and who is big enough to hug around the neck. So-- I told those kids that we just couldn't bring another large dog home... The only problem is that I really am a sucker for a Husky, especially one who howls when all of the other shelter dogs are deafening me with their barks. Especially one who is the most mellow dog I have ever met, hands down. Especially one whose neck is so thick that you can't help hugging it and when you do, he just rolls over and flops onto your lap. Yep, I fell in love and today, he moved in! It really is amazing to see a dog so quiet and calm when we are used to Boudreaux. The two are learning to like each other. B is a bit over-excited and that is not easy for an older guy who just got neutered, but they are working it out.

















No comments: