Saturday, July 17, 2010

Camping in the Kaibab National Forest!

We just got back from a two week trip which started in Taos, then went to Mesa Verde, then the North rim of the Grand Canyon, then ended up visiting Andy's family in California. These pictures are from our campsite near the Grand Canyon. The forest was beautiful and we had fun cooking out both nights that we were there. The potty experience was smelly, but that was the only negative. The mornings were very chilly. The first morning, I went out on my regular 5:30am run only to realize that, A: shorts and a tee shirt are not enough to keep you warm up there and, B: there had been a time change and it was really 4:30. It took me an hour to just get warm after that one... Also, I must admit that before we left on our last morning, I drove twenty miles there and twenty miles back just to take a shower...







No comments: