Monday, May 28, 2007

Mason's "I Am" Poem

On my last volunteer day in Mason's classroom before school ended, I was given the assignment of helping the kids put their poetry on the computer. I was so amazed to read these poems. The kids were heartbreakingly honest as they shared their dreams, fears, wonders and hopes. I feel honored to have been able to read them all...

This is Mason's.

I am truthful and kind
I wonder how my best friend will look next time I see her
I hear snow hitting the ground
I want to always have good dreams
I am truthful and kind.

I pretend to be a teacher
I feel my Mom giving me a big hug
I touch my little bunnies as I hold them
I worry about when everybody who I know dies
I cry when my pets die
I am truthful and kind.

I understand that I can't have everything I want
I say that magic is real
I dream about being a fairy
I try to remember to feed my pets
I hope everybody could be safe and healthy
I am truthful and kind.

No comments: